Having just been in a helicopter this week, I was reminded about my 101 in 1001 list. So I found the list and lets see how many I’ve done (long time out of my 1001 days I’m sure):
Go to a movie alone – dont think I did this yet, but I did go to a rock concert alone lol maybe that counts?
2. Do volunteer work
Get published (letter/story/photograph) – I wrote a novel, not yet published but I got a proof copy, that counts, right? 😛
Plant a tree – planted a blackberry cane, does that count?
Buy a worm farm (or shares in a worm farm) – no and I gave up on this idea. Its actually rather complicated to keep one haha!
Try a new restaurant – done this, a few times. Messopotamia springs to mind.
7. Take each member of my immediate family out to lunch (0/3)
8. Read a biography
Write a short story – I wrote a novel, I think that works for this one, dont you? 😛
10. Finish a YOU magazine crossword
11. Frame & hang 10 photos I’ve shot (6/10) – I’ve got 6 framed shots around my house (well, 5 framed, 1 canvas)
Get MagMark bookmarks made – nope, given up on this idea too lol
Get professional photos taken of myself – done! I won an engagement shoot last year!
Make my bed every day for the next 2 weeks (14/14) – I do this all the time now, arent you proud!
15. Train myself to do the splits – LOL! ‘Nuff said, I’m sure.
16. Go shopping alone 5 times (1/5) – I’ve probably done this a few times, but I can remember once, recently.
Get Gizmo’s lumps removed – RIP Gizmo
18. Travel out of South Africa – honeymoon…?
Get car bonnet fixed/replaced – how about I bought a new car? That trumps it, right? 😛
20. Go one day a week without Facebook for 3 months (0/12) – Not as hooked as I used to be, more a YouTube addict lately but dont think I’ve gone a whole day without FB for 3 months, no.
21. Get 10 new blog followers (let me know if you’re following my blog so I can count you) (0/10)
22. Get three people to start a blog (0/3)
Sort my blog links in catagories – I took these out lol
24. Re-evaluate bracketed items in this list when individually completed
25. Get 10 other people to do a 101 in 1001 list. (0/10) – I think I inspired one other to do a 101 in 1001 list from my heli ride.
Go to the dentist – done, and another appointment pending for next year!
27. Go to gym regularly for at least three months (0/3) – I did this long ago, but have since stopped since I changed jobs. Travel time conflicts 🙁
28. Donate blood (this is a scary one for me!) – not yet…..
29. Get two other people to donate blood (0/2)
Incorporate three new meals into my diet – Yup we’re eating green beans, quinoa, and roast veg in our diet now.
31. Make an emergency kit
32. Learn CPR
33. Stretch every day (0/1001)
34. Take my pill every day for 60 days (0/60) – I’ve prob done this lol
Try a new food (ie snails) – I did try snails actually, they were ok.
36. Stop drinking fizzy drinks for 30 days (0/30)
37. Go to the gynecologist once a year (0/2)
38. Try the fruit of a Delicious Monster
39. Stretch every day (0/1001) – woah didnt notice the duplicate.
40. Find out my blood type – need to do still.
41. Get my Sexpo photo printed on canvas
42. Do some fabric painting
43. Take three images in a series (0/3)
44. Get three images printed on canvas for my lounge (0/3)
Bring my bonsai back to life – my bonsai died, but M’s bonsai is still alive haha
Buy a bigger pot for my Delicious Monster – done!
Get fish tank looking and running great – dont have a tank anymore 🙁
48. Shoot a sunrise
Keep my bedroom floor tidy for 2 whole weeks! (14/14) – done
50. Complete a scrapbook
51. Ride a luge pipe
52. Watch Forest Gump
Fly in a helicopter – DONE!!!!!
54. Ride in a hot air balloon
55. Write to a celeb (and try get an autographed photo)
Walk into an elevator and don’t turn around, just face the other people. – done! and i even said, “I’ve gathered you all here today…” LOL
Win a competition – I won an engagement shoot
Get birds to visit the garden regularly – done, blogged
59. Build a puzzle
60. Take my dogs to the beach (and take pics)
Get a professional massage – done, I went to Camelot Spa and it was looooovely!
62. Get canvases and do rat painting art
63. Go to Build-A-Bear and build a bear.
64. Keep a list of expenses for 30 days (0/30)
65. Save R3000 (R0) – I did, and then I spent it lol
66. Go to a strip club
67. Throw a party for someone – done! I threw M a surprise 30th!
Go wine tasting – done, many times! Why is this even on the list haha
69. Go grape stomping
Do a Township Tour – done! Went to Mzoli’s and got a tour as well from the Groupon deal.
71. Go camping
72. Host a board game night
73. Go cherry picking
Go to a Summer Concert – done
75. Throw another cocktail party
76. Do a girl’s night out with cocktails
77. Go gambling
78. Go to a Lesbian Bar/Club
79. Learn to shoot a gun
80. Learn to pole dance
Learn to belly dance – I’m learning ballroom, does that count?
Learn to make three new dishes (3/3) – roast beans with parmesan (hardly a dish one needs to learn but its a new one I’ve tried), stuffed chicken breasts with mozzerella and spinach, warm quinoa salad.
83. Learn the harmonica
84. Learn how to change a tire
Shoot 5 weddings (5/5) – done
Get business cards printed – done a while ago, but want better ones done now.
87. Get portfolio book printed
88. Photograph at an animal shelter
89. Take a photography course
Shoot a wedding for free – Kind of, I shot an aftershoot for free for a friend who got married in court
91. Redo my dad’s website
Buy new camara equipment (lens/body/memory card/etc) – I got a nifty fifty lens from Taipei when M went there for work
93. Advertise my business (paid advertising)
94. Host a stand at a wedding expo
Backup my computer data – done
Get to work on time every day for a week (5/5) – done over and over again lol
97. Initiate romance once for every 3
98. Make love 5 times a week for 1 month (0/4)
Have sex blindfolded – lol, done
Snoo-snoo in a public place – done 😉
Get engaged – DONE! Last year, 12 March 2011
Time to start working on one for Jan 1, 2013 eh….