So I started this list in 2009, and of course it’s long past 1001 days but I still enjoy coming back to this list to see what has changed and how many I’ve done and redone over time. So, let’s revisit.
Go to a movie alone
– dont think I did this yet, but I did go to a rock concert alone lol maybe that counts?
– I feel I did do this but I have no idea what the movie was lol?
Do volunteer work
– Platbos Reforest Fest I take as volunteer work, so, check!
Get published (letter/story/photograph)
– I wrote a novel, not yet published but I got a proof copy, that counts, right? 😛
– Still not edited. Still not published.
Plant a tree
– planted a blackberry cane, does that count?
– planted MANY trees at the Platbos Reforest Fest!
Buy a worm farm (or shares in a worm farm)
– no and I gave up on this idea. Its actually rather complicated to keep one haha!
Try a new restaurant
– done this, a few times. Messopotamia springs to mind.
– Also went to Saints Burger Joint recently which was new.
7. Take each member of my immediate family out to lunch (2/3)
– I have taken my mom out, and my dad, so just my sister left.
Read a biography
– I read a few books about abductions ie Finding Me by Michelle Knight, A Stolen Life – A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard etc.
Write a short story
– I wrote a novel, I think that works for this one, dont you? 😛
10. Finish a YOU magazine crossword
– Yea still haven’t done this, I should prob keep one with me lol.
11. Frame & hang 10 photos I’ve shot (6/10)
– I’ve got 6 framed shots around my house (well, 5 framed, 1 canvas)
– Still no further with this.
Get MagMark bookmarks made
– nope, given up on this idea too lol
Get professional photos taken of myself
– done! I won an engagement shoot last year!
Make my bed every day for the next 2 weeks (14/14)
– I do this all the time now, aren’t you proud!
– I do this some of the time now, aren’t you proud!
15. Train myself to do the splits
– LOL! ‘Nuff said, I’m sure.
– Still working on this one…yoga is helping.
Go shopping alone 5 times (5/5)
– I’ve probably done this a few times, but I can remember once, recently.
– Yup do this all the time now.
Get Gizmo’s lumps removed
– RIP Gizmo
Travel out of South Africa
– Twice now! Mauritius for honeymoon and Copenhagen, Denmark for Intel.
Get car bonnet fixed/replaced
– how about I bought a new car? That trumps it, right? 😛
Go one day a week without Facebook for 3 months (0/12)
– Not as hooked as I used to be, more a YouTube addict lately but dont think I’ve gone a whole day without FB for 3 months, no.
– This prob wont happen. I have my QDP business on FB as well as RN so yea I need to stay connected for that.
Get 10 new blog followers (let me know if you’re following my blog so I can count you) (0/10)
– Cancelling this because I don’t blog enough lol
Get three people to start a blog (0/3)
– Same as above
Sort my blog links in catagories
– I took these out lol
Re-evaluate bracketed items in this list when individually completed
Get 10 other people to do a 101 in 1001 list. (0/10)
– I think I inspired one other to do a 101 in 1001 list from my heli ride.
– That’s a lot of people, who was I kidding
Go to the dentist
– done, and another appointment pending for next year!
27. Go to gym regularly for at least three months (0/3)
– I did this long ago, but have since stopped since I changed jobs. Travel time conflicts
– I am going to yoga now on a regular basis
Donate blood (this is a scary one for me!)
– not yet…..
– I feel like I’m cheating because while I did donate, it failed and I didn’t complete the full amount, but I am scarred now so I probably won’t go back
Get two other people to donate blood (0/2)
– Hard to push people for something you can’t even do
Incorporate three new meals into my diet
– Yup we’re eating green beans, quinoa, and roast veg in our diet now.
31. Make an emergency kit
32. Learn CPR
Stretch every day (0/1001)
– Marking this as done cos I stretch at yoga
Take my pill every day for 60 days (0/60)
– I’ve prob done this lol
– Yea I’m off the pill now
Try a new food (ie snails)
– I did try snails actually, they were ok.
– I since tried Zebra #omnomnomnom
Stop drinking fizzy drinks for 30 days (0/30)
– Havent officially counted it but I haven’t done the fizzy drink thing for a while. Certainly not with the frequency I used to
Go to the gynecologist once a year (2/2)
– Yup, thank you medical aid
38. Try the fruit of a Delicious Monster
– One day….one day!
Stretch every day (0/1001)
– woah, didn’t notice the duplicate.
Find out my blood type
– need to do still.
– I am A+
41. Get my Sexpo photo printed on canvas
42. Do some fabric painting
43. Take three images in a series (0/3)
44. Get three images printed on canvas for my lounge (0/3)
Bring my bonsai back to life
– my bonsai died, but M’s bonsai is still alive haha
– M’s bonsai died. And my 2 further attempts at bonsai died too
Buy a bigger pot for my Delicious Monster
Get fish tank looking and running great
– dont have a tank anymore
Shoot a sunrise
– Kinda did this whilst camping
Keep my bedroom floor tidy for 2 whole weeks! (14/14)
Complete a scrapbook
– Don’t care for scrapbooks so taking this off
51. Ride a luge pipe
52. Watch Forest Gump
Fly in a helicopter
54. Ride in a hot air balloon
Write to a celeb (and try get an autographed photo)
– Kinda did this one, Tweeted John Leguizamo and he replied lol
Walk into an elevator and don’t turn around, just face the other people.
– done! and i even said, “I’ve gathered you all here today…” LOL
– Apparently I do this too often
Win a competition
– I won an engagement shoot
Get birds to visit the garden regularly
– done, blogged
59. Build a puzzle
Take my dogs to the beach (and take pics)
– Took Max to the beach and took pics a year or few ago
Get a professional massage
– done, I went to Camelot Spa and it was looooovely!
– So many since then…two in Mauritius even
Get canvases and do rat painting art
– Won’t be doing this properly (did a small version of it)
Go to Build-A-Bear and build a bear.
– I think BaB closed?
Keep a list of expenses for 30 days (0/30)
– Yea this isn’t for me
65. Save R3000 (R0)
– I did, and then I spent it lol
66. Go to a strip club
67. Throw a party for someone
– done! I threw M a surprise 30th!
Go wine tasting
– done, many times! Why is this even on the list haha
69. Go grape stomping
Do a Township Tour
– done! Went to Mzoli’s and got a tour as well from the Groupon deal.
– Done this many times now, I’m hooked
Host a board game night
73. Go cherry picking
Go to a Summer Concert
75. Throw another cocktail party
76. Do a girl’s night out with cocktails
– Doubled my money
78. Go to a Lesbian Bar/Club
Learn to shoot a gun
– Did that recently! Fired a handgun .22 and a semi-automatic rifle also .22.
80. Learn to pole dance
Learn to belly dance
– I’m learning ballroom, does that count?
– I did a belly dance class lol it’s a step closer
Learn to make three new dishes (3/3)
– roast beans with parmesan (hardly a dish one needs to learn but its a new one I’ve tried), stuffed chicken breasts with mozzerella and spinach, warm quinoa salad.
83. Learn the harmonica
Learn how to change a tire
– I did actually learn this…not sure if I remember how to now though haha
Shoot 5 weddings (5/5)
Get business cards printed
– done a while ago, but want better ones done now.
– I got better ones now
Get portfolio book printed
88. Photograph at an animal shelter
Take a photography course
– Don’t see the point
Shoot a wedding for free
– Kind of, I shot an aftershoot for free for a friend who got married in court
Redo my dad’s website
– Don’t think he uses his anymore
Buy new camara equipment (lens/body/memory card/etc)
– I got a nifty fifty lens from Taipei when M went there for work
– Also bought some Speedlites, stands, and umbrellas, etc
Advertise my business (paid advertising)
– Done a few times on FB
Host a stand at a wedding expo
– Done at Cape Gate, have Canal Walk coming up in 2017
Backup my computer data
Get to work on time every day for a week (5/5)
– done over and over again lol
– And still going
Initiate romance once for every 3
– Yea since I went off the pill this is old news
Make love 5 times a week for 1 month (4/4)
– Yup, did it like rabbits at one stage
Have sex blindfolded
– lol, done
– And then some….
Snoo-snoo in a public place
– done 😉
– And again after that
– DONE! Last year, 12 March 2011
– And then I got married
Time to start working on one for Jan 1,